Occupational Therapy at Achieve
Occupational Therapy helps people to be successful in their occupations – the things they do every day. Occupational Therapists (OTs) build skills and find ways for you or your family member to do the things that are important to you. At Achieve Therapy, our OTs can offer assistance with the following:
Sensory Processing Skills:
- Being sensitive to how things feel (e.g., not liking the feel of clothes, or dirt on hands)
- Being over-sensitive to sound (e.g., screaming when the vacuum starts)
- Being under or over-sensitive to movement (e.g, prefering to always jump or move around)
- Fussy eating (over-sensitive to tastes or food textures)
Equipment and Home Modifications:
- Achieve Therapy can help with minor equipment needs such as pencil grips, modified eating utensils, walking frames
- Home modifications and more complex equipment needs (e.g., wheelchairs) are best accessed through an occupational therapy service that specialises in this area, and are currently not provided by Achieve Therapy.
Occupational Therapists working at Achieve Therapy are registered with AHPRA. They actively participate in professional development, attending courses and conferences to keep up to date with the latest research and best practice.
Visit our Speech Pathology page to see what else Achieve Therapy can do to help you achieve your best.